*Appointments Cancelled with less than 24 hours notice may subjected to a cancellation fee up to the full price of the appointment.*
Privacy of personal information is an important principle to the King St. Massage. We are committed to collecting, using and disclosing personal information responsibly and only to the extent necessary for the goods and services we provide. We also try to be open and transparent as to how we handle personal information. This document describes our privacy policies.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual. Personal information includes information that relates to their personal characteristics (e.g., gender, age, income, home address or phone number, ethnic background, family status), their health (e.g., health history, health conditions, health services received by them) or their activities and views (e.g., religion, politics, opinions expressed by an individual, an opinion or evaluation of an individual). Personal information is to be contrasted with business information (e.g., an individual’s business address and telephone number), which is not protected by privacy legislation.
WHO WE ARE
King StMassage.com is Personal website of Hossein Hojaty(RMT).
WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION: PRIMARY PURPOSES
Like all massage therapists, we collect, use and disclose personal information in order to serve our clients. For our clients, the primary purpose for collecting personal information is to provide massage therapy treatment. For example, we collect information about a client’s health history, including their family history, physical condition and function and social situation in order to help us assess what their health needs are, to advise them of their options and then to provide the health care they choose to have. A second primary purpose is to obtain a baseline of health and social information so that in providing ongoing health services we can identify changes that are occurring over time. It would be rare for us to collect such information without the client’s express consent, but this might occur in an emergency (e.g., the client is unconscious) or where we believe the client would consent if asked and it is impractical to obtain consent (e.g., a family member passing a message on from our client and we have no reason to believe that the message is not genuine).
Appointments reminder & Promotions :
By booking an appointment, The client agrees to receive appointment confirmation and reminder via Email or text.
You may also receive our promotions or our request for feedback via email or text. You may unsubscribe at any time.
About Members of the General Public
For members of the general public, our primary purposes for collecting personal information are to provide notice of special events (e.g., a seminar or conference) or to make them aware of massage therapy services in general or our clinic in particular. For example, while we try to use work contact information where possible, we might collect home addresses, fax numbers and email addresses. We try to obtain consent before using any such personal information, but where this is not, for any reason, possible, we will upon request immediately remove any personal information from our distribution list.
On our website we only collect, with the exception of cookies, the personal information you provide and only use that information for the purpose you gave it to us (e.g., to respond to your email message, to register for a course, to subscribe to our newsletter). Cookies are only used to help you navigate our website and are not used to monitor you.
About Contract Staff, Volunteers and Students
For people who are contracted to do work for us (e.g., temporary workers), our primary purpose for collecting personal information is to ensure we can contact them in the future (e.g., for new assignments) and for necessary work-related communication (e.g., sending out paycheques, yearend tax receipts). Examples of the type of personal information we collect for those purposes include home addresses and telephone numbers. It is rare for us to collect such information without prior consent, but it might happen in the case of a health emergency (e.g., a SARS outbreak) or to investigate a possible breach of law (e.g., if a theft were to occur in the clinic). If contract staff, volunteers or students wish a letter of reference or an evaluation, we will collect information about their work related performance and provide a report as authorized by them.
WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION: RELATED AND SECONDARY PURPOSES
Like most Clinics, we also collect, use and disclose information for purposes related to or secondary to our primary purposes. The most common examples of our related and secondary purposes are as follows:
- To invoice clients for goods or services that weren’t paid for at the time, to process credit card payments or to collect unpaid accounts.
- To advise clients that their product or service should be reviewed (e.g., to ensure a product is still functioning properly and appropriate for their then current needs and to consider modifications or replacement).
- To advise clients and others of special events or opportunities (e.g., a seminar, development of a new service, arrival of a new product) that we have available.
- Our clinic reviews client and other files for the purpose of ensuring that we provide high quality services, including assessing the performance of our staff. In addition, external consultants (e.g., auditors, lawyers, practice consultants, voluntary accreditation programs) may on our behalf do audits and continuing quality improvement reviews of our Clinic, including reviewing client files and interviewing our staff.
- Massage therapists are regulated by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario who may inspect our records and interview our staff as a part of their regulatory activities in the public interest. In addition, as professionals, we will report serious misconduct, incompetence or incapacity of other practitioners, whether they belong to other organizations or our own. Also, our organization believes that it should report information suggesting serious illegal behavior to the authorities. External regulators have their own strict privacy obligations.
- Sometimes these reports include personal information about our clients, or other individuals, to support the concern (e.g., improper services). Also, like all organizations, various government agencies (e.g., Canada Customs and Revenue Agency, Information and Privacy Commissioner, Human Rights Commission, etc.) have the authority to review our files and interview our staff as a part of their mandates. In these circumstances, we may consult with professionals (e.g., lawyers, accountants) who will investigate the matter and report back to us.
- The cost of some goods/services provided by the organization to clients is paid for by third parties (e.g., OHIP, WSIB, private insurance, Assistive Devices Program). These third-party payers often have your consent or legislative authority to direct us to collect and disclose to them certain information in order to demonstrate client entitlement to this funding.
- Clients or other individuals we deal with may have questions about our goods or services after they have been received. We also provide ongoing services for many of our clients over a period of months or years for which our previous records are helpful. We retain our client information for a minimum of ten years after the last contact to enable us to respond to those questions and provide these services (our regulatory College also requires us to retain our client records).
- If King St. Massage Therapy & Wellness or its assets were to be sold, the purchaser would want to conduct a “due diligence” review of the Clinic’s records to ensure that it is a viable business that has been honestly portrayed to the purchaser. This due diligence may involve some review of our accounting and service files. The purchaser would not be able to remove or record personal information. Before being provided access to the files, the purchaser must provide a written promise to keep all personal information confidential. Only reputable purchasers who have already agreed to buy the organization’s business or its assets would be provided access to personal information, and only for the purpose of completing their due diligence search prior to closing the purchase.
- You can choose not to be part of some of these related or secondary purposes (e.g., by declining to receive notice of special events or opportunities, by paying for your services in advance). We do not, however, have much choice about some of these related or secondary purposes (e.g., external regulation).
PROTECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We understand the importance of protecting personal information. For that reason, we have taken the following steps:
- Paper information is either under supervision or secured in a locked or restricted area.
- Electronic hardware is either under supervision or secured in a locked or restricted area at all times. In addition, passwords are used on computers. All of our cell phones are digital, which signals are more difficult to intercept.
- Paper information is transmitted through sealed, addressed envelopes or boxes by reputable companies.
- Electronic information is transmitted either through a direct line or is anonymized or encrypted.
- External consultants and agencies with access to personal information must enter into privacy agreements with us.
RETENTION AND DESTRUCTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We need to retain personal information for some time to ensure that we can answer any questions you might have about the services provided and for our own accountability to external regulatory bodies. However, we do not want to keep personal information too long in order to protect your privacy.
We keep our client files for about ten years. Our client and contact directories are much more difficult to systematically destroy, so we remove such information when we can if it does not appear that we will be contacting you again. However, if you ask, we will remove such contact information right away. We keep any personal information relating to our general correspondence (i.e., with people who are not clients) newsletters, seminars and marketing activities for about six months after the newsletter ceases publication or a seminar or marketing activity is over.
We destroy paper files containing personal information by shredding. We destroy electronic information by deleting it and, when the hardware is discarded, we ensure that the hard drive is physically destroyed. Alternatively, we may send some or all of the client file to our client.
YOU CAN LOOK AT YOUR INFORMATION
With only a few exceptions, you have the right to see what personal information we hold about you.
Often all you have to do is ask. We can help you identify what records we might have about you. We will also try to help you understand any information you do not understand (e.g., short forms, technical language, etc.). We will need to confirm your identity, if we do not know you, before providing you with this access. We reserve the right to charge a nominal fee for such requests.
If there is a problem we may ask you to put your request in writing. If we cannot give you access, we will tell you within 30 days if at all possible and tell you the reason, as best we can, as to why we cannot give you access. If you believe there is a mistake in the information, you have the right to ask for it to be corrected. This applies to factual information and not to any professional opinions we may have formed. We may ask you to provide documentation that our files are wrong. Where we agree that we made a mistake, we will make the correction and notify anyone to whom we sent this information. If we do not agree that we have made a mistake, we will still agree to include in our file a brief statement from you on the point and we will forward that statement to anyone else who received the earlier information.
DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION?
We can be reached at:
King St. Massage Therapy and Wellness
84 Adelaide Street East,
Toronto, ON M5C 1K9
We will attempt to answer any questions or concerns you might have. If you wish to make a formal complaint about our privacy practices, you may make it in writing to us. We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint; ensure that it is investigated promptly and that you are provided with a formal decision and reasons in writing. If you have a concern about the professionalism or competence of our services or the mental or physical capacity of any of our professional staff we would ask you to discuss those concerns with us. However, if we cannot satisfy your concerns, you are entitled to complain to our regulatory body:
COLLEGE OF MASSAGE THERAPISTS OF ONTARIO
1867 Yonge Street, Suite 810, Toronto, ON M4S 1Y5br
(416) 489-2626, (800) 465-1933, facsimile (416) 489-2625,
This policy is made under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. That is a complex Act and provides some additional exceptions to the privacy principles that are too detailed to set out here. There are some rare exceptions to the commitments set out above. For more general inquiries, the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees the administration of the privacy legislation in the private sector. The Commissioner also acts as a kind of ombudsman for privacy disputes. The Information and Privacy Commissioner can be reached at:
112 KENT STREET | OTTAWA, ONTARIO | K1A 1H3
PHONE (613) 995-8210 | TOLL-FREE 1-800-282-1376 | FAX (613) 947-6850 | TTY (613) 992-9190
KingStMassage.com Terms and Conditions of Use
Scope and Purpose of this Disclaimer
This disclaimer document governs your use of our informational website. By using the website located at http://www.KingStMassage.com and its subdirectories, you agree to, and accept this disclaimer in full. If you disagree with any part of this disclaimer, do not use our website, as that condition prohibits you from doing so. King St Massage Therapy and Wellness reserves the right to modify these terms at any time, and thus, you should check for changes before proceeding to utilize the services and content of King St Massage Therapy and Wellness for Massage Therapy. By using this site after changes have been made to this document, you agree to accept those changes, whether or not you have reviewed them.
Rights to information published
All materials on this site are protected by copyright and intellectual property laws and are the property of King St. Massage Therapy and Wellness. Unless stated otherwise, you may access and download the materials located on http://www.KingStMassage.com only for personal, non-commercial use. You may not reproduce this material on your personal website, blog, social network, or any other online resource.
Any and all content (including user and visitor generated content) submitted either via email, comment forms, or any other page hosted at http://www.KingStMassage.com or its content aggregation systems becomes the property of King St. Massage Therapy And Wellness. King St. Massage Therapy And Wellness reserves the right to alter, remove, re-post, re-purpose, market, or trade any such content.
Our Rights to Remove or Reproduce any User-Generated Material
For the purposes of this condition, the term “user-generated material” shall refer to any information, content, or any other media uploaded, posted, emailed, submitted, or otherwise communicated to King St. Massage Therapy And Wellness via any method at any page on http://www.KingStMassage.com or any other content communication or submission medium or forum.
By sharing any contribution or user-generated content (including any text, photographs, graphics, video, audio or any other type of media or content) with King St. Massage Therapy And Wellness (http://www.KingStMassage.com) you agree to grant us, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way we deem fit (including the modification, reproduction, repurposing, or deletion of it). You hereby confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe upon any laws of the country from which you are utilizing this site, nor the laws of Canada or The United States of America, and that you have the full rights to accept this condition.
Site content (quality, accuracy and use)
Visitors who use this website and rely on any information do so at their own risk. This Web site and the attached documents are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Information found at http://www.VosMT.com will not always be up to date and cannot necessarily be relied upon. The information is intended solely for entertainment purposes and may not be used as a substitute for professional advice and/or information, as circumstances will vary from person to person. You should not act or rely upon this information without seeking professional advice. Do not attempt any of the suggested actions, solutions, remedies, or instructions found on this website without first consulting with a qualified professional. They are not intended to be nor do they constitute actionable professional advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create a professional-client relationship between King St. Massage Therapy And Wellness and you.
The owners, editors, contributors, administrators, and other staff of King St. Massage Therapy And Wellness are not qualified professionals, and are simply aggregating information found online for entertainment purposes only. By using this website, you hereby forfeit any and all claims, past, present, and future, against the owners, editors, contributors, administrators, and other staff of King St. Massage Therapy And Wellness.
Restrictions on who can use the website
If you are under 18, please get a parent’s or guardian’s permission before taking part in any King St. Massage Therapy And Wellness community. Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, school, telephone number, your full name, home address or email address).
By visiting any page at http://www.KingStMassage.com you understand that “adult” content may be encountered that is not suitable for children. You must be at least 18 years of age or have a parent/guardian present while viewing any page or other correspondence or content from the King St. Massage Therapy And Wellness website, (which includes all content and code from any page hosted at or within http://www.KingStMassage.com, or any content or code relating to or from this site that was transmitted via email or other means). King St. Massage Therapy And Wellness cannot be held responsible for any harm that is experienced, real or perceived, from viewing, following, or contributing, of any sort of content on this site.
External links – limiting liability for links to other web sites
We are not responsible for the contents or reliability of any other websites to which we provide a link, and we do not, expressly or otherwise, endorse the views and/or content expressed within those sites.
The Actions and Opinions of Other Users
You must not use this website in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity. Some content found on the pages of King St. Massage Therapy And Wellness within http://www.KingStMassage.com and its subdirectories is created by members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of King St. Massage Therapy And Wellness. We accept no responsibility for any loss or harm incurred from the use of this website or any of its information or content.
Viruses, Damage and Availability
King St. Massage Therapy And Wellness makes no warranty or claim that functions available on this website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the server that makes it available, nor the content itself is and/or will be free of viruses, bugs, or other malicious code. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output, and for the security of yourself and the device used by you to view any content from this website.
The Federal laws of Canada and the Provincial laws of Nova Scotia shall otherwise govern your use of the site where these terms and conditions are not clear or incomplete and you hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Canadian Federal and Provincial court system.
King St. Massage Therapy And Wellness and its officers, employees, contractors or content providers shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from or otherwise in connection with your use of any content, information, function, or service of King St. Massage Therapy And Wellness at any location within http://www.KingStMassage.com or other related location (such as content feeds, links, emails, letters, documents, and other company products or correspondence).
Though we make a reasonable effort to maintain the resources of this website, they will, from time to time, become out of date, be incorrect, erroneous, or otherwise inappropriate. As noted above, by using this website you agree that you will not follow any instruction, suggestion, step, list, tutorial, or other content on this website or any of its content posted elsewhere until you have appropriately consulted with a licensed professional who is unrelated to this site or its parent company in any way.